Sat, 06/02/12 | Sidra
Start with a Recon Files report: the in-depth analysis helps you show a business where you can make the biggest improvements to their SEO and the insights help you follow through.
Suggested Reading plays a strong role. (Found at the end of this post)
Details: Start with SpyFu Recon Files
1. From the Recon Files tab, create a report on your own domain.
2. Inside the report, head to the “Biggest Opportunities” section and “Keywords Not Ranked on But Should Be” around page 10. (Or, look for it in the navigation menu in the PDF format.)
- This is where the domain ranks already, but not in the top spot. By prioritizing your SEO focus on these keywords, you can make leaps in SEO improvements that should pay off the most. It’s an ideal place to start to get their attention.
3. The following section “Overlap in their SEO and PPC Campaigns” helps you persuade them to leverage SEO as a long-term money-saver. Help them cut their reliance on PPC for keywords where they can excel in SEO.
4. Next, focus on the “Keyword Groups with the Most Potential” section about 2 pages further in the report.
- This section summarizes groups of keywords that could benefit from similar content. The improvements here lead to more valuable clicks than when compared to other keyword groups.
5. This is just an overview to get you started. We share detailed resources in our Selling SEO series on the SpyFu blog, and the Recommended Reading and Watching (below) gives you specific instructions on presenting the report in your sales presentations.
Recommended Reading and Watching
How to Present this Section of the Recon Files Report: Find our collection of videos and articles dedicated to helping you understand and present this report like a pro.